This module describes debate as a way to adopt understanding,
cooperation, and a free and lively exchange
of ideas. In bringing together students/participants
from around Pakistan and from vastly different
backgrounds, speak it up offers much more than a
mere contest of formal argumentation. By its very
nature, speak it up debates break down national, ec
nomic, cultural and ethnic boundaries, showing that opposing
views can be explored in a way that connect
rather than divide people. As a module that both represents
and encourages peaceful discussion rather than
aggressive confrontation, Speak It Up offers you a tool
that could not be more timely or more necessary.
• The competition comprises of 2 rounds.
• Round 1 - Presentation Round
• Round 2 - Presentation Round(case study)
• Maximum 3 members are allowed per team.
• Round 1 will be a qualifying round.
• English/Urdu can be used.
• Cross questioning is not allowed. You might get penalized!
• Decision of the adjudication panel shall be considered final and not to be reviewed under any circumstances.
RULES ROUND 1:
• Each team will be given topics on a first come first serve basis for presentation.
• Teams will be given topics a day before competition.
• The sequence in which you will present will be already mentioned with the topic. It’s your luck!
• 10 minutes will be given to each team to present their topic. Keep in mind: time matters!
Presentation of the topic: 30 %
Content of presentation: 20 %
Speaker’s points: 40 %
Time Management : 10%
RULES ROUND 2:
• The teams which qualify for the second round will be given a single case to prepare a presentation.
• It is recommended to prepare presentations on PowerPoint, Prezi, Evernote.
• 20 minutes will be given to each team to present their case.
• Teams will have to submit their presentations to the organizers as soon as they enter the hall.
you can keep your laptop with you. No on spot changes can be made in the presentations i.e. the presentation which will be with the organizers will be considered final.
• The sequence in which you will present will be decided via lucky draw.
JUDGEMENT CRITERIA ROUND 2:
Identification of the problem: 30 %
Substantiation of your case: 25%
Viability of proposed solution on practical grounds: 25%
Presentation skills: 15%
Presentation format: 5 %
Contact Information:        Osama Siddique :   +92 332 9275775
Nida Sardar :   +92 336 1313692